[CMake] Cvs CMake library dependencies

Karl Merkley karl at elemtech.com
Thu Jun 16 12:42:28 EDT 2005

It appears that the latest version of the CMake Makefile generator does
not have the same behavior regarding library dependencies as previous
versions.  For example, take  an application that depends on shared
libraries with the libraries also having dependencies such as

app

lib1

lib2/lib3

where the app depends on lib1 and lib1 depends on lib2  and lib3,   It
seems that previous versions of CMake were able to resolve the
dependencies on lib2 and lib3 and include the libraries on platforms
that require them in the link command (HP and Mac).   The new version
does not seem to resolve these dependencies.  At the very least the
CMakeList.txt files work with version 2.0.3 but not with 2.1-20050614.

Am I right about this behavioral change?  Is this a desired outcome?  I
liked the old behavior and would find it tedious to build up complex
library dependencies with my project.

      Karl