[CMake] FindQt.cmake for Qt4

Jens jens-devel at gmx.de
Wed Jun 15 04:20:29 EDT 2005

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 09:17 schrieben Sie:
> > Von: Jens <jens-devel at gmx.de>

> > 1) Rename FindQt.cmake in the "Modules"-dir of CMake to FindQt3.cmake
> > 2) Copy the attached Files to the "Modules"-dir (FindQt.cmake and
> > FindQt4.cmake)
> > That way FindQt3.cmake hasn't changed (you just change the name).
> >
> > More infos can be found on this mailinglist on the 22th of April (or
> > search
> > for "Qt4")
>
> How about keeping FindQt.cmake unchanged and adding the new one as
> "FindQt4.cmake" ? IMHO this would be more obvious for the user
> (developer).

Hi Alex
I think its better for the future to use the file "FindQt.cmake" to deside if
FindQt3.cmake, FindQt4.cmake or one day FindQt5.cmake to include.
This way there wouldn´t be any compatibilty issues with older cmake-scripts
already written and cmake-scripts written in two years.

I do not think its obvious for a newbee that FindQt.cmake includes Qt3. In a
few years nobody will develop with Qt3 anymore.

But the important thing is to include it -- so include it the way you think is
the best.

	Greetings
		Jens