[CMake] Recent changes to CMake

klaas.holwerda kholwerd at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 6 14:30:51 EDT 2005

Jorgen Bodde wrote:

> Hi there Klaas,

Ha die Jorgen ;-)

> Does your Find script handle seperate libs as well? I prefer single
> libraries.

I have an option for Unicode and an option for debug and an option for
shared.
I only generate one library version of wxArt2D for one flavour of
wxWidgets in each Cmake configuration.
I think this is a must, even if Cmake thinks it can generate several in
its project files.
At least for debug flags i am certain this conflicts often with
libraries which are linked with.
E.g. When wxWidgets is in debug, so must wxArt2D be in debug, and the
same for the user app.
In fact this is a detail i do not like on Cmake, it still allows to
choose release mode in the project file, but that does not make sence,
it gives errors when wxWidgets is a in debug version.
If the user still chooses a relase build while impossble, the build
directly start complaining with an decent error message.

So my way of working is to always build outside the tree, and always
makefiles or project files for one type of build.
As you know all the build flavours which wxWidgets generates in its
project files, or not understood by Cmake project files, so they do not
map.

> Jerry made something that looks real cool only his problem is that the
> debug libraries and the release libraries are unable to be set with
> the "debug" specifier.

I hope i understood your problem, and that i solved it?

> The CMakeGUI is really nice as it is now. I hope the CMake community
> will like to too :-)

Did not download it yet, but will do it now, but even without looking i
believe you :-)

Klaas