[CMake] CMake being too clever?

Chris Green chissg at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 14:06:20 EDT 2005

Hi,

So I have my work directory, say ~/work. In it I have a source directory
and a build directory linked in to where I have a little more space to
work, eg:

~/work/SOURCE_DIR/
~/work/SOURCE_DIR/CMakeLists.txt
~/work/build -> /scratch/me/build

If I:

cd ~/work/build
cmake ~/work/SOURCE_DIR

The cmake proceeds just fine. However, when I try to make, I get:

CMake Error: The source directory "/scratch/me/SOURCE_DIR" does not exist.

The culprit appears to be in ~/work/build/Makefile:

# The top-level source directory on which CMake was run.
CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR = ../SOURCE_DIR

This does not produce the desired result. Anyone care to comment?

Thanks,
Chris.

Chris Green, MiniBooNE / LANL. Email greenc at fnal.gov
Tel: (630) 840-2167. Fax: (630) 840-3867