[CMake] KDevelop3 and Build->Compile file

Filipe Sousa filipe at ipb.pt
Thu Jul 21 07:29:26 EDT 2005

The problem is that Build->Compile calls make where the source is and not
where Makefile is like Project->Project. Instead of calling
cd /home/users/dsomers/prj/checkcvswrappers/src && make checkcvswrappers.o
kdevelop should do
cd /home/users/dsomers/build-dir/checkcvswrappers/src && make
checkcvswrappers.o

kdevelop already knows where to run the build tool, is just a simple fix in
kdevelop code

> A work-around to the limits of Build->Compile is in Project->Project
> Options->Build Options->Make ... simply add -w to Additional make options
> (so then there is the right things output so next/previous error works.)
>
> It might be a good idea to have -w set when cmake generates the KDevelop3
> project files.
>
> Sure, this may not be as elegant as doing a full Build->Project, but its
> very handy to be able to try to compile a single from from a project -
> especially if the recommened Build->Build Project takes a very long time
> (ok, it may not compile using the same options as if doing Build->Build
> Project, but its a quick and dirty hack to check that any chanegs done to a
> file kinda work).
>
> Greetings

BTW: You don't need to CC me, I'm subscribed to this mailing list.
--
Filipe Sousa