Re: [CMake] cmake 2.2.0 and KDevelop3 Generator

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jul 21 02:22:14 EDT 2005

> Von: "William A. Hoffman" <billlist at nycap.rr.com>
>
> > I have to change kdevelop to "Very Short Compiler Output" and that
> > doesn't work most of the times. Some times stops showing messages.
>
> Well, I guess we are stuck.  Is this a bug in kdevelop that will be
> fixed? I have seen bug reports in the cmake bug tracker that says they
> see no output with kdevelop during the build.   My guess this is
> because very short is the default
> for kdevelop.     Alex, when you get a chance can you comment on this?

Ok, I think it is fixed now in kdevelop svn, so it will be part of KDE
3.5. If it works good, I'll also commit it to the stable branch, so it
will be in 3.4.3.
I don't know if I fixed all problems, but at least it now also recognizes
cc and c++.

If cmake output isn't verbose there is still the problem that there is
almost no output in "very short" kdevelop mode and there's not much I can
do about it.
If kdevelop also recognizes "Building object foo.o" then it would work in
"very short" mode, but in "short" mode it would detect both, first the
"Building object foo.o" line and after this the "c++ -c foo.cpp -o foo.o"
line and the message would appear twice, which IMO would be at least as
confusing as no message.

So if there are further bug reports about this for cmake, you can close
them and tell the reporter to report it on bugs.kde.org as a kdevelop
bug.

Bye
Alex

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++