[CMake] Figuring out dependencies for a library in order to build

E. Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:51:29 EDT 2005

>  Your suggestion about adding the quotes worked. But I think this is
> weird because ${MY_OUTPUT} has always been filled with lots of output
> data. I do a MESSAGE(${MY_OUTPUT}) right before the IF call, and I
> always see a large body of text. So I don't really understand why it
> was failing.

Is there some kind of resource for 'dummies' like myself for using the
CMake syntax/grammer. I've been struggling with this for awhile and it
really hasn't improved much for me with time. The way the language
behaves is really foreign to me. I bought the CMake book, but it
hasn't helped me much in this specific area. Maybe to start with, Is
the CMake language based on some other language I can get tutorials
about?

Thanks,
Eric