[CMake] XCode 2.1 partial support

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jul 18 10:35:31 EDT 2005

On 2005-07-17 21:02, Mathieu Malaterre said:

>	My first problem is that this patch breaks Xcode15 compatibility since
>I was not able to find a way to retrieve Xcode version. In Xcode15,
>xcodebuild -version returns an error

Doh!

>std::string cmGlobalXCodeGenerator::GetXCodeVersion()
>{
>   CFBundleRef bundle = CFBundleGetBundleWithIdentifier(
>CFSTR("com.apple.Xcode") );
>}
>
>    Unfortunately `bundle' is null...
>
>Could someone comment on a way to reliably find the Xcode version ?

This is 'expected'.  In CFBundle.h it says for
CFBundleGetBundleWithIdentifier() that "Note that this does not search
for bundles on the disk; it will locate only bundles already loaded or
otherwise known to the current process".

Anyway, I'll ask on the xcode list what is the recommended way to detect
the xcode version.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com