[CMake] windres, bugid=369

Kriss Kriss at XIXs.com
Fri Jul 15 14:39:11 EDT 2005

there was some talk of adding windres .rc support some time ago and this
feature request was added into the database

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=369&pos=0

I'm trying to setup a project that builds on windows in either a version
of vc or msys and and that includes a simple resource file. One of the
remaining issues is getting that file built, I know this could be done
with a custom command but I just wanted to be another voice asking for
that feature.

It just seems wrong for cmake not to have .rc rules built in in this
situation when it just works with .rc files under vc. At the moment a
project that contains .rc files will just fail. It can't be worse for it
to fail by trying windres and there is of course the chance that it
might even work.

--

Kriss

http://XIXs.com -><- http://www.WetGenes.com