[CMake] Installation Problems on IRIX64 v6.5

Jonathan LAU lau at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sun Jul 10 17:27:29 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have been running into some problems installing cmake on an SGI octane2 (IRIX64 v6.5).

When I run "ccmake -v" from the bin directory it is installed in, I get the following error:

---Begin Error Message

Make Error: Could not find CMAKE_ROOT !!!
                                          CMake has most likely not been installed correctly.
             Modules directory not found in
                                           lau/bin
                                                                   Error running cmake::LoadCache().  Aborting.

---End Error Message

I googled this error message and came up with a solution involving setting the environment variable for CMAKE_ROOT, which I did using "setenv CMAKE_ROOT lau/CMake", but still came up with the same message. I am sure that the CMAKE_ROOT is pointing to the appropriate directory.

I probably should have consulted the mailing list at this point, but seeing that there were problems with the binaries, I attempted to compile cmake from the cvs repository.  This resulted in further problems involving linking between o32 and n32 objects.

I'm just trying to get cmake running ASAP (precompiled or not), and I guess the first question to ask is: "How can I resolve this CMAKE_ROOT problem with the precompiled binaries?".  I'll worry about the cvs compilation issues later.

Help is appreciated,

Jon