[CMake] A "How to" Question

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at dataplex.net
Tue Jul 5 11:37:05 EDT 2005

I'm porting some programs to a number of platforms. The only access
that I have to some of those platforms is the results of a Nightly
dashboard.
In most cases, the difficulties are in the compile phase. I have some
short "sanity checks" that I can run as tests. However, the real
tests are quite lengthy.
Because the progress on various platforms varies, I'd like to try to
run the long test each time only until it passes. Then, I would like
to stop running it on that platform for a while.

If I were doing this with standard Unix makefiles, I would have a
target (in the intermediate files area) that I can clean, perhaps
semi-monthly, to rerun the long tests.

TestPassed: Executable
     make RecordTestResult

RecordTestResult: RunTest
     touch TestPassed

RunTest: ClearTestPassed
     Executable -options Testfiles

ClearTestPassed:
     rm TestPassed

clean: ClearTestPassed

Of course, when I do run the test, I want the results posted as a
part of the dashboard
How would you suggest to do this in CMake?