[CMake] CONFIGURE FILE() always expects absolute path

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Jul 4 02:26:54 EDT 2005

Hi,

current cmake UnixMakefileGenerator3 only works with absolute paths for
the input file given to CONFIGURE_FILE(). If the filename is given
without the complete path in a subdir, it searches for the input file in
CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR instead of CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR.
Attached is a testcase which failes. It succeeds if the config.h.in is
put directly in cmake-configure-file/.

Maybe this is related to the problem with DEPENDS in ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND
where the files are also searched relative to CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR instead of
CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR ?

Bye
Alex

P.S. there also seems to be some problems with dependency handling
(sometimes it doesn't go through all subdirs), and make clean (it seems
it doesn't make clean executables if a special EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH was
set. I'll investigate further, then I'll can give you a useful report.