[CMake] A Bug I can't reproduce

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at bluewin.ch
Fri Jul 1 17:53:20 EDT 2005

On about 6 PC's (mixed Linux and Windows) cmake is working fine. But on
one PC (Cache deleted, everything rebuilt from scratch etc etc). cmake
CVS updated about 1 hour ago just for possible fizes - on the one PC
(windows XP, visual studio 7.1 .Net), it insists on finding moc files,
testharnesses etc in the build dir - they are generated in the bin dir
for example vtkCSCSPointSpritesCxxTests.cxx is a generated file, by the
add test stuff, but it should appear in the build dir not the source
dir. The error message is Can't find file blah.cxx with the path set to
the source dir.
If I do a cmake in source build all is well, out of source it fails
every time. qt moc files, cxx tests etc.

The exact same source tree on a different windows PC is fine. (I zipped
one up and copied it across before posting this).

This is a fragment that is causing an error. The CREATE_TEST_SOURCELIST
is the culprit it seems

SET(KIT vtkCSCSPointSprites)

#----------------------------------------------------------------
# Set all the cxx tests in here
#----------------------------------------------------------------
SET(MyTests
  TestPointSpriteAccumulateCxx.cxx
)

#----------------------------------------------------------------
# Use CMake function to generate a Test master/wrapper
#----------------------------------------------------------------
CREATE_TEST_SOURCELIST(
  Tests
  ${KIT}CxxTests.cxx
  ${MyTests}
  EXTRA_INCLUDE vtkSuppressCrtDbgWarning.h
  FUNCTION vtkSuppressCrtDbgWarning
)

doing
${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/  ${KIT}CxxTests.cxx
doesn't help

Any ideas?

Thanks

JB