[CMake] In/Out of source build question

Jeff Stein jstein at mitre.org
Wed Jan 19 13:38:00 EST 2005

    So I've been reading the mailing list for a few months now, I have
the cmake book and thus far I have NOT found a satisfactory way of doing
what I want to do with cmake.

I want to have CMake work such that when it runs the following files are
stored and end up in the following directories.

/project/      CMakeList.txt & Makefile
/project/src    <source files .h .cpp>
/project/obj    <.o's go here>
/project/lib    (.a's & .so's go here>
/project/bin    (binarys go here)

The only way I've found to do this is have a custom command run
POST-BUILD and move the .o's into the obj directory and so on.  I've
tried setting different variables such as LIBRARY-OUTPUT etc. and
nothing seems to do as I wish.

Does anybody have any suggestions.  I'm sorry if i'm being vague but I'm
not by my computer that has my sample CMakeList.txt but still I would
think this is a simple question.

Thank you very much for any help!!

-Jeff