[CMake] Problems with LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH

Filipe Sousa natros at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 05:08:51 EST 2005

Hi!

When I set LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH in sub directories, cmake is always building
the libraries. To a better understanding of my problem I show you my
CMakeLists.txt files

In my project root I have this CMakeList.txt
PROJECT(gal)
SUBDIRS(mylib modules)

CMakeLists.txt to build "mylib". I want to put all libraries in the same
directory

ADD_LIBRARY(mylib mylib.cc)
SET(LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/lib)

CMakeLists.txt to build a simple plug-in that links with "mylib". All plugins
should go ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/plugin

ADD_LIBRARY(mod MODULE m.cc)
SET(LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/plugin)
LINK_DIRECTORIES(${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/lib)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(mod mylib)

Everytime I run make, the plugin is always built as you can see by the output:

fsousa at localhost ~/tmp/cmakebug/Build $ make
cmake.depends is up-to-date
/home/fsousa/tmp/cmakebug/Build/mylib: building default_target
cmake.depends is up-to-date
/home/fsousa/tmp/cmakebug/Build/modules: building default_target
cmake.depends is up-to-date
cmake.depends is up-to-date
Building shared module /home/fsousa/tmp/cmakebug/Build/plugin/libmod.so...

fsousa at localhost ~/tmp/cmakebug/Build $ make
cmake.depends is up-to-date
/home/fsousa/tmp/cmakebug/Build/mylib: building default_target
cmake.depends is up-to-date
/home/fsousa/tmp/cmakebug/Build/modules: building default_target
cmake.depends is up-to-date
cmake.depends is up-to-date
Building shared module /home/fsousa/tmp/cmakebug/Build/plugin/libmod.so...

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

--
Filipe Sousa