[CMake] error 255 while re-make

Marius S Giurgi rendezvous at dreamxplosion.com
Wed Feb 23 16:49:42 EST 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out this error I'm
getting.

First time I compile the project (cmake followed by make) it works
fine, it builds everything nicely and the application runs.
Then, I expected that, if I need to make modification to the source
file (the only .cxx file in the project) all I need to do to rebuild
the project is to run make again. However, the second time I re-make
the project i get the following error.

First make gives the following output:

saruman:/Developer/VTK/myVTK/cxx/vtkfltktest marius$ make
Building dependencies cmake.check_depends...
Building object file test.o...
Building executable /Developer/VTK/myVTK/cxx/vtkfltktest/test...

then I made (minor) changes to the test.cxx

Second make gives:

saruman:/Developer/VTK/myVTK/cxx/vtkfltktest marius$ make
Building dependencies cmake.check_depends...
CMake Error: Unexpected file type
/Developer/VTK/myVTK/cxx/vtkfltktest/test
make[1]: *** [cmake.check_depends] Error 255
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Third made (just out of curiosity) gives:
make[1]: Circular test.o <- /Developer/VTK/myVTK/cxx/vtkfltktest/test
dependency dropped.
cmake.depends is up-to-date
make[1]: Circular test.o <- /Developer/VTK/myVTK/cxx/vtkfltktest/test
dependency dropped.

The only way I could rebuild my project was to do enter "make clean" ,
"cmake .", "make"

Can anyone help? any hint appreciated. thanks

marius

Here's the CMakeLists.txt for this project:

PROJECT (TEST)

# find the FLTK
FIND_PACKAGE (FLTK)
IF (FLTK_FOUND)
   INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES (${FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR})
ENDIF (FLTK_FOUND)

# Include the vtkFLTK CMake configuration.
IF (NOT FIND_VTK_FLTK_FILE)
   FIND_FILE (FIND_VTK_FLTK_FILE FindvtkFLTK.cmake
     ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules
     )
ENDIF (NOT FIND_VTK_FLTK_FILE)

IF (FIND_VTK_FLTK_FILE)
   INCLUDE (${FIND_VTK_FLTK_FILE})
   IF (VTK_FLTK_FOUND)
     INCLUDE (${VTK_FLTK_USE_FILE})
   ELSE (VTK_FLTK_FOUND)
     MESSAGE(SEND_ERROR "UsevtkFLTK.cmake not found!")
   ENDIF (VTK_FLTK_FOUND)
ELSE (FIND_VTK_FLTK_FILE)
   MESSAGE(SEND_ERROR "FindvtkFLTK.cmake not found!")
ENDIF (FIND_VTK_FLTK_FILE)

SET (TEST_SRCS test)

# Add the target
ADD_EXECUTABLE (test ${TEST_SRCS})
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES (test vtkFLTK vtkIO vtkHybrid)

# ATTACH the default FLTK resource fork to the executable.
IF(APPLE)
    FIND_PROGRAM(VTK_APPLE_RESOURCE Rez /Developer/Tools)
    IF(VTK_APPLE_RESOURCE)
      ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(SOURCE test
                         POST_BUILD
                         COMMAND ${VTK_APPLE_RESOURCE}