[CMake] cmake and MINGW's ld.exe issue

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu Dec 22 10:37:29 EST 2005

At 02:10 AM 12/22/2005, Dick Eimers wrote:
>I have a CMakeList.txt file for a small project which works when
>generating a MSVC 2005 project/solution, but does not work when I
>generate Unix Makefiles used with MINGW. When using these makefiles
>within MINGW, cmake is able to figure out my MINGW g++ compiler and
>linker *but* when 'make'ing it failes due to a
>
>"c:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
> cannot find -lgtkmm-2.4.lib "
This looks like a bug in your CMakeList file.  When referring to a library,
you should either have the full path to the library: /path/to/libgtkmn-2.4,
or just gtkmn-2.4.  CMake will add the .lib when needed (when using visual
studio compilers)

How are you specifying gtkmn-2.4 in your CMakeList file?

-Bill