[CMake] OS X Universal Binary follow up

E. Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 23:29:55 EST 2005

I double checked the build flags from Bob's page. I think some
adjustments are in order.
I whipped up a small example attached to this message.

In the link flags, having both sysroot and syslibroot defined gave me errors.

Apple has some docs which seems to back not using sysroot in the link flags.
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2005/tn2137.html

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Porting/Conceptual/PortingUnix/index.html?http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Porting/Conceptual/PortingUnix/compiling/chapter_4_section_3.html

Also, it seemed that I had to specify the target architectures for
both the compile and link flags. This isn't mentioned in the docs and
might just be a byproduct of how I set up the Makefile. When I didn't
specify the target arch in the link flags, when I checked the final
testapp binary with "lipo -info", it was not a fat binary even though
the .o file was.

Thanks,
Eric