[CMake] CMake Marketing

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 01:31:32 EST 2005

Bill Hoffman wrote:

>How about:
>
>world-domination at cmake.org
>cmake-rules at cmake.org

I don't think Suits would take them seriously, but I don't know that
we'll get any Suit recruits no matter what we do, so it may not matter.
Suits, please step up now if I'm wrong.  :-)  Probably Techies who are
marketing-amenable are what we're going to get.  I prefer
"world-domination."  "cmake-rules" is a clever pun, but I guess I don't
like seeing the word "cmake" twice for some reason.  Also, in my slower
witted moments I miss the joke and don't understand what it's referring to.

>cmake-evangelists at cmake.org

I don't think Techies like evangelists.  I think they think they all
work for Microsoft.

>endorse at cmake.org

Don't you do that with checks?

>I am still leaning towards
>promote at cmake.org.

It's the best of the "serious" ones we have so far.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every
20% of the world is real.