[CMake] CMake Marketing

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 20:22:46 EST 2005

Christophe Dupre wrote:

>I completely agree with Alexander.
>
>Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>

>>I'd vote for promo at cmake.org , this sounds friendly.
>>
>>"marketing" sounds IMO too much like selling something, and "querilla"
>>has IMO a too negative touch (I don't wanna be a guerilla).

A cross-check though.  Christophe, Alexander, do you intend to
participate in the marketing list and contribute to the effort?  If so,
do you have an idea what you might do?  I'm not trying to get
committments out of you or put you on the spot.  Rather, I'm just
wondering whether objections to "marketing at cmake.org" are coming from
people who would otherwise help out, were it not for the listname.  You
may have ideas in your mind of what the list would / should be about,
and how the name would / should reflect your agenda.

Regardless, let's do a straw poll.  Whatever it's called, who will
join?  Just tack your name after mine:
- Brandon Van Every