[CMake] Problem with CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE macro

Philippe Poilbarbe Philippe.Poilbarbe at cls.fr
Tue Dec 13 13:08:05 EST 2005

Hello,

I have a problem with the macro CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE which never find
anything.

Here are some lines:
INCLUDE(${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/CheckIncludeFile.cmake)
CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE("udunits.h" HAVE_UDUNITS_H)

on exit HAVE_UDUNITS_H is always false.

I have put some message trace in the macro and it seams that it never
reaches
the second line; the line after:
  IF("${VARIABLE}" MATCHES "^${VARIABLE}$")
because the test is always false in this macro (if I do the same test
outside
the macro like "HAVE_UDUNITS_H" MATCHES "^HAVE_UDUNITS_H$"
it is true as expected).

Is there something special to do ?

As a subsidiary question, why is this test here since it should always
be true ?
I don't understand it or I should miss something.

CMake version: 2.0.6 built from source under linux (RedHat 9)

Thanks

Ph.P.
--
Philippe Poilbarbe 	CLS Space Oceanography Division

mailto:Philippe.Poilbarbe at cls.fr

Parc technologique du canal
8-10, Rue Hermes
31520 Ramonville St-Agne