SPAM-LOW: RE: SPAM-LOW: Re: [CMake] Renaming output of EXECUTABLE

Jan Woetzel jw at mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de
Thu Dec 1 14:07:47 EST 2005

Reggie Burnett wrote:

>I guess I was confused.  I thought that with Cmake acting as a sort of
>preprocessor,

If you configure a build tree and you do not change the settings in
Visual Studio, then you are safe.

If you change anything in Visual Studio,
problems may occur because
1. the configuration *may* not be updated accordingly,
2. Cmake may automatically overwrite your changes.

This works for me:
(1) configure one build tree for "Debug"  and another for "Release" and
posiibly additional ones for DLL, architecture optimized etc.
Remeber to set and set the appropriate CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE and
CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES flags during Cmake configure.

(2) Dont touch the build config. in Visual studio directly.

Jan.

--

  Dipl.-Ing. Jan Woetzel
  University of Kiel