[CMake] Linking to a static library

Kiel W. tsaphah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 22:30:45 EDT 2005

I'm sure this is fairly common question but I didn't see a way to
search the archive and google hadn't given me any good results.  If
there is a way to wearch the archive please let me know for future
use.

Problem: Unable to link to an existing static library
Environment: Cygwin and Boost 1.33.0

What is the correct way to link to a static library that will be used
through the source tree? In other words, mulitiple libraries and the
executable will use it.

My root CMakeLists.txt
SET(BOOST_LIBS /usr/lib/boost)
SET(BOOST_INCLUDE /usr/include/boost-1_33/)

PROJECT(OMMS-alpha)

SUBDIRS(contactManagement testing)

LINK_DIRECTORIES(${BOOST_LIBS})
LINK_LIBRARIES(boost_date_time-gcc-d-1_33)

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${BOOST_INCLUDE})