[CMake] more linking problems

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Apr 26 15:14:38 EDT 2005

Hi,

You wrote:
> No, I'm not working on it yet.  However getting it to work will require
> extensive knowledge of all generators to produce the set of object
> files.  I can get you started if you want but be warned it will be
hard.

This doesn't sound like I would be of much help :-/

Some more info about libtool and convenience libs:
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=111447707430187&w=2)

----------8<--------------8<-------------8<-------------

On Darwin:
 -all_load $convenience

Using GNU ld:
 --whole-archive $convenience --no-whole-archive
(depending on the ld version! must test if it supports the flag)

On Solaris 2:
  -z allextract $convenience -z defaultextract

The rest of the platforms don't support convenience libraries, and a
direct link of the objects into the destination shared-object file is
necessary. (i.e., replace $convenience with its component .o files)

Bye
Alex

10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail