[CMake] CMAKE_ROOT path

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Sun Apr 24 14:05:24 EDT 2005

>> If I have more than one installation of cmake on a system, how do I
>> get cmake to find the correct CMAKE_ROOT that corresponds to the cmake
>> I'm using?  Currently two different cmakes are using the same CMAKE_ROOT.
>

> Where are the two cmake builds/installs and what root are they using?

The system wide installation is in:

/usr/sci/local/cmake-1.8.3/bin/cmake

Modules are in:

/usr/sci/local/cmake-1.8.3/share/CMake/Modules

I put a new local installation in my home directory:

/home/sci/bigler/pub/irix/bin/cmake

With Modules in:

/home/sci/bigler/pub/irix/share/CMake/Module

I added this to my CMakeLists.txt

MESSAGE("CMAKE_ROOT = " ${CMAKE_ROOT})

This is the output from which and gmake:

% which cmake
/home/sci/bigler/pub/irix/bin/cmake
% gmake
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
CMAKE_ROOT = /usr/sci/local/cmake-1.8.3/share/CMake

I built my copy from source and installed it to my local directory.

James