[CMake] Resource linking problems

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Sun Apr 24 13:25:15 EDT 2005

Darko Miletic wrote:
> I noticed that Cmake support for Borland compiler has problems with
> resource files. Files are being compiled but when it comes to linking it
> issues an error.
>
> The problem is that build command for exe or dll is using bcc32.
> Unfortunately like this is not possible to link resource files. Compiler
> allways thinks they are obj files. The only way to add resource to exe
> or dll is tu use ilink32.
>
> Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Look in Modules/Platform/Windows-bcc32.cmake for the variables

CMAKE_C_LINK_EXECUTABLE
CMAKE_C_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY
CMAKE_C_CREATE_SHARED_MODULE
CMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE
CMAKE_CXX_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY
CMAKE_CXX_CREATE_SHARED_MODULE

Their settings contain the rules for linking .exe and .dll files.  They
start with <CMAKE_C_COMPILER> and <CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER>.  You can replace
these link rules by setting your own values for these variables.

Please also report this as a bug here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

Thanks,
-Brad