[CMake] cmake MinGW WinXP DevCPP Problems

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Apr 19 15:36:10 EDT 2005

Running CMakeSetup from the same environment that gcc and make run in
should work when you're using MinGW. I'm not familiar with Dev-Cpp : do
you run it from an MSYS shell? Or does it know about MinGW independent
of having MSYS installed?

Try again with a fresh directory containing just your cpp, h and
CMakeLists.txt file. Launch CMakeSetup from a command prompt / MSYS
shell that has the environment set to run gcc... (Perhaps launch it from
within Dev-Cpp? Can it launch external tools easily?)

Sometimes when you've run cmake and CMakeSetup on the same tree, you get
confused about the state of things and it's easier to start fresh.

HTH,
David