[CMake] VS.NET 2003 Generator issue...

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Apr 15 13:58:20 EDT 2005

Lars Pechan wrote:
> I use this approach quite frequently and it works very well for NMake
> Makefiles as well as Unix Makefiles but when I generate for VS.NET 2003
> the file named data.c is _never_ copied. It exists in the tree in the
> destination location but trying to open it gives a"The system cannot
> find the file specified.". In fact, no CMake Rule is even created for
> it. The other 200 files I copy using exactly this technique copy fine.
> Even the other files in ${wnsources} come across, just not bloody data.c??

Please try to reduce this to a minimal example that reproduces the
problem.  Are you sure data.c is used from the destination location in
the build?  If not then CMake will not generate the rule because nothing
depends on its output.  Perhaps you are adding the data.c source
somewhere else that uses it from the pre-copy location.  That might also
be able to stop the destination copy from being used.

-Brad