[CMake] Profiling flags and additional CMAKE_BUILD_TYPEs

Dan Katz dkatz at profitlogic.com
Thu Apr 7 14:40:05 EDT 2005

Hi, folks!

I have a project where I usually want to do debug builds or release
builds but occasionally want to do builds with various sorts of
profiling turned on.  Considering the long alphabet-soup of additional
compiler flags I need to feed the compiler to turn profiling on, it
would be convenient if there were some 'profiling' CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE
which had the associated CMAKE_C_FLAGS_PROFILING etc. which I could
then use to encapsulate this info into my CMakeLists.txt.

Now, I don't expect the system to build in a gazillion arbitrary
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPEs, but I am wondering if there's some way to create a
new CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE on the fly which would then cause "the usual
suspect" CMAKE variables to be available.  Any info on this sort of
thing (or on other solutions to the problem I describe above) is
highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dan