[CMake] CMake crash during make install on a dll

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Sep 28 09:39:46 EDT 2004

Troels Frimor wrote:
> CMake crashes during the install of our program without any proper error
> message (I get a nice message about windows wanting to tell MS)
[snip]
> (CMake crashes at the first FILE(INSTALL..) and the second if the first
> is commented out)

I'm pretty sure this bug is known and has been fixed in the 2.0 release
branch for inclusion in the upcoming 2.0.4 release.  Please help me
confirm that it is the same bug.  Add this line somewhere in your
top-level CMakeLists.txt file:

SET(CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX "")

Then look at the generated cmake_install.cmake script to see if it
mentions CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX.  If so, I suspect that the install step
will not crash CMake.  Please let me know whether this fixes the problem.

Thanks,
-Brad