[Cmake] Errors compiling CMake

Dekeyser, Kris Kris.Dekeyser at lms.be
Mon Sep 20 10:51:15 EDT 2004

I tried to compile the latest CMake sources from CVS. I ran my installed
CMAke 2.0.3 against the CMakeLists.txt, which worked fine.

But I trie to compile in MsDev 6 and got several errors:

--------------------Configuration: CMakeSetup - Win32
Debug--------------------
Compiling...
MakeHelp.cpp
D:\CVSHome\CMake\CMake\Source\MFCDialog\MakeHelp.cpp(22) : error C2026:
string too big, trailing characters truncated
[...]
CMakeSetupDialog.cpp
D:\CVSHome\CMake\CMake\Source\MFCDialog\CMakeSetupDialog.cpp(76) : error
C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char *' to
'const unsigned short *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
D:\CVSHome\CMake\CMake\Source\MFCDialog\CMakeSetupDialog.cpp(96) : error
C2664: 'SetDlgItemTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [1024]' to
'const unsigned short *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
[...]
PathDialog.cpp
D:\CVSHome\CMake\CMake\Source\MFCDialog\PathDialog.cpp(142) : error C2664:
'SHGetPathFromIDListW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [260]' to
'unsigned short *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
D:\CVSHome\CMake\CMake\Source\MFCDialog\PathDialog.cpp(153) : error C2664:
'SetWindowTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [260]' to 'const
unsigned short *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
[...]

up to 197 errors. I noticed that most - if not all - these files have not
been changed recently, but I cannot find what could be wrong with my
settings. Any ideas?

- Kris
+-+-+- Email Confidentiality Footer +-+-+-
of the message to such person), you may not print, retain, copy nor
disseminate this message or any part of it to anyone and you should notify
the sender by reply email and destroy this message. Neglecting this clause
could be a breach of confidence. Please advise immediately if you or your
employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that are not
related to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.