[Cmake] MSDev multiple build types

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu Sep 16 10:13:58 EDT 2004

Feel free to add a FAQ entry for this if you want.
Something like (How do I add my own configurations for Visual Studio 6)

As for the DebugRelease name, the problem is that if you try
to run msdev from the command line and tell it to build
a particular configuration (as we do with ctest and the dashboards),
it does a partial match on the name.  So if you tell it to
build Debug, it will build Debug and DebugRelease, and if
you tell it to build Release it will build Release and DebugRelease.
That is why we have the crazy RelWithDebInfo name so it can be
uniquely identified on the command line.