[Cmake] include external msproject

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Sep 13 14:17:49 EDT 2004

How is INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT supposed to work?

The docs say you can add two or more dependents, but that doesn't work
for me.  I can only add one as cmake will give me an error if I try to
give it more than one.  "CMake Error:  Utility targets can only have one
output.  ..."

Also if I have something similar to this...

PROJECT(MYLIB)

ADD_LIBRARY(mylib ....)

IF(WIN32)

INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT(depproj path/to/project/depproj)
ADD_DEPENDENCIES(mylib depproj)

ENDIF(WIN32)

Just the existence of INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT prevents MYLIB from
showing up in the solution.  I only have the depproj showing up in my
solution.  This is not a problem for generating vc 6.0
workspaces/project files.

I'm not seeing INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT working for me at all while
generating VC 7.1 projects/solutions.

Clint