[Cmake] Undefined ${CMAKE_COMMAND} in POST_INSTALL_SCRIPT

Anton Deguet anton at cs.jhu.edu
Thu Sep 9 10:20:54 EDT 2004

Hi Andy,

I came up with the same strategy a couple of hours after my post.  I was
also trying to have the post-install CMake script to load the cache I
was working on but this approach seemed even more cumbersome and
probably not as safe.

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 09:42, Andy Cedilnik wrote:
> Hi Anton,
>
> When you run CMake install, the variable that were available during
> CMake run are not available. What you really want to do is to configure
> postInstall.cmake file:

Doing this, I found what I believe is a bug with "cmake -E copy
file-with-path directory" (see bug #1133).  To circumvent this issue, I
need to extract the get the file name without the path.  I couldn't
figure out a simple solution for that.  This way, I could use cmake -E
file directory/file-without-path.

> #  EXEC_PROGRAM(@CMAKE_COMMAND@
> #               ARGS copy ${file}

Thank you for your answer and the work done on CMake.

Anton

--
Anton Deguet                          Systems Engineer
ERC CISST                     Johns Hopkins University