[CMake] Re: Out of source build and KDevelop

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Oct 20 15:46:40 EDT 2004

> I have one more question.   What happens to generated source files in
> the binary tree?
> If a source file is generated and is in the binary tree and not the
> source will it show up in kdevelop?  Aside from the file tree browser,
> we did manage to get relative paths to work in kdevelop.  Why not have
> the file list contain relative paths:
>
> ../common/foo.cxx
>
> Do all source files for kdevelop have to be in the same tree?

In order to show up in the file tree, yes. In order to show up in the
file groups, no.

Ok, and here comes my daily cmake patch.
I think it does now everything we talked about except the global
generator switch.
Now it generates a kdevelop project for every CMakeLists.txt which
contains a PROJECT() calland the kdevelop project directory is always
GetHomeDirectory().

Please apply :-)

Bye
Alex