[CMake] Re: Out of source build and KDevelop

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Oct 20 09:15:00 EDT 2004

> OK, you lost me.   Why do you need the top level?
> Seems to me that each sub-project should be completely self contained.
> If you did not have the parent directories it would work fine, so
> why when it has a parent does it need it?
>
> -Bill

I have a source tree which looks like this:

src/
src/common/
src/myapp/build-release/
src/myapp/build-debug/
src/anotherapp/build-release/
src/anotherapp/build-debug/

with source files used by both myapp and anotherapp located in src/common/.
IOW in
src/common/ there is no library built, but the source files are used
directly (since
the different builds can be for different target architectures, different
compile
switches etc.).
So the projects I'd like to load in kdevelop should originate from the
CMakeLists.txt in src/XXXapp/build-XXX/. So I can insert PROJECT() there, no

problem. But since they use source files from src/common/ they should use as

kdevelop project dir src/, i.e. the GetHomeDirectory() and not the cmake
project
source directory (you know, the issue with the relative paths in the
filelist file).

Bye
Alex

--