[CMake] Question about CMakeLists.txt with regards to installation

Jeremy Strange alaterale at elitemail.org
Tue Oct 12 16:10:02 EDT 2004

Hi,
I've been trying to find out how to do the same thing that I used to do
in automake in cmake.

I have a static library, and I got my CMakeLists.txt to build it fine,
and I saw some points about how to install the physical binary libraries
using INSTALL_TARGETS (I think that's what i should be using), however I
can't find any information about how to deal with my headers.

What I want is the library to go to "/usr/local/lib/libname" and my
headers to go to "/usr/local/include/libname" (I realize /usr/local is
the default prefix, but just written out here for simplicity).  I have
all my headers in one directory, with the main one being accessed by
client programs which then in turn accesses its sublevel (hidden)
headers.

I have no idea how to do this kind of thing in CMake, but I really want
to learn how since automake has been a pain in the butt for me to use
and configure, and cmake seems like such an ideal solution for me.

Could someone please help me out? :)