[CMake] Interference between siblings

Weiguang Guan guanw at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Fri Oct 8 15:11:39 EDT 2004

Hi CMake users,

Variables, include paths, library paths, etc. are inherited from top-level
directory to subdirectories. If we follow this philosophy sibling
directories shouldn't affect one another. However, I find this is not the
case.

I have a source tree, which looks like

src
    / libraries
		/ vtk
		/ itk
		/ ...
    / apps
		/ app1
		/ app2

where CMakeLists.txt in a non-leaf directory contains nothing but
SUBDIRS(...). Then I create a directory 'build' to be the root of build
tree. In the build directory I ccmake ....../src, then the build tree is
generated, which looks like

build
    / libraries
                / vtk
                / itk
                / ...
    / apps
                / app1
                / app2

Take the Makefile for app1 as an example. It is different from the
Makefile generated by using ccmake ....../src/apps/app1.

Weiguang