[CMake] CMake stripping library extensions

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 4 11:04:59 EDT 2004

Dekeyser, Kris wrote:
> I therefore need to add -l:ToolKit.sl to the linker command-line. So I
> added "<libdir>/:ToolKit.sl" to the link list. But CMake changes this
> into -L<libdir> -l:ToolKit and always strips the ending .sl from the
> name.

There are a few lines of code in CMake that split the path into -L and
-l options because some linkers do not work properly with full paths to
libraries.  These few lines of code need to be updated to account for
this syntax.  Please submit this as a bug report.

> Is there anything else I can try? (except the most obvious one - trying
> to force the 3rd party library to use lib<Name>.sl)

There may be several ways to fix this for building your library, but not
for propagating the link to anything that links to your library.

-Brad