[CMake] GET_CMAKE_PROPERTY not working ?!?

Dekeyser, Kris Kris.Dekeyser at lms.be
Thu Nov 25 04:40:22 EST 2004

Hi,

I have tried to use GET_CMAKE_PROPERTY to debug my CMakeLists.txt. I used
exactly the example in the book and placed the code at the end of the main
(root) CMakeLists.txt. I do get an output file, but it is always empty.
GET_CMAKE_PROPERY Seems to return an empty list in all cases. I have tried
the VARIABLES, CACHE_VARIABLES, COMMANDS and MACROS properties, but they are
all empty.

This is the code:
FILE(WRITE ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/AllVariables.txt "")
GET_CMAKE_PROPERTY(VARS MACROS)
FILE(APPEND ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/AllVariables.txt "${VARS}\n")
FOREACH(var ${VARS})
  FILE(APPEND ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/AllVariables.txt "${var}
\"${${var}}\"\n")
ENDFOREACH(var)
What did I do wrong?

Regards, Kris
+-+-+- Email Confidentiality Footer +-+-+-
of the message to such person), you may not print, retain, copy nor
disseminate this message or any part of it to anyone and you should notify
the sender by reply email and destroy this message. Neglecting this clause
could be a breach of confidence. Please advise immediately if you or your
employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that are not
related to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.