[CMake] Installing results of ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Nov 9 07:00:30 EST 2004

Hi Alex,

>I have a bit of a problem using cmake for IDL files.
>I used ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND to generate .h/.cpp files from .idl files:
[snip]
>I tell cmake to install the header files with:
>
>FOREACH ( FILE ${IDL_HEADER_FILES} )
>    INSTALL_FILES( /include/orca ${FILE} )
>ENDFOREACH ( FILE ${IDL_HEADER_FILES} )
>
>The problem is that cmake can't find the IDL_HEADER_FILES when it is run
>(because they're only generated from .idl later, when 'make' is run).

Make sure that IDL_HEADER_FILES contains the list of files with full
paths constructed from something like ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/foo.h
for each file.  Then just use this command to install it:

INSTALL_FILES(/include/orca FILES ${IDL_HEADER_FILES})

The "FILES" option tells the command to trust you and install the
specific list of files you give it.  See the documentation dumped by

cmake --help-command INSTALL_FILES

for details.

-Brad