[CMake] One library with multiple sub-directories

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Nov 2 15:55:24 EST 2004

I have a good bit of stuff, going on in the sub directories. If I just
pass relative paths to the ADD_LIBRARY command then it should still
work even with SUBDIRS? Well I am in the mists of looking up some
string editing to try that out now, lets hope this works.

Thanks,
Brad

On Nov 2, 2004, at 3:28 PM, Brad King wrote:

> Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>> Hello,
>>     I am trying to generate a single library from multiple source
>> sub-directories where in the subdirectories files may have the same
>> name. Currently I have been making sure that each file had different
>> names, but I can't be doing this any more. The way I have it
>> currently set up is basically as follows:
>> directory structure:
>>     /-
>>     -/foo
>>         default.cpp
>>     -/bar
>>         default.cpp
>> top level cmake:
>>     SUBDIRS( foo)
>>     SUBDIRS(bar)
>>     SET (MY_LIB_SRC ${FOO_SRC} ${BAR_SRC})
>>     ADD_LIBRARIES(my ${MY_LIB_SRC}
>
> Just leave out the SUBDIRS and build it all from the top:
>
> ADD_LIBRARIES(my foo/default.cpp bar/default.cpp)
>
> The object files will be built with the proper relative paths.
>
> -Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Management Systems Designers Contractor for
National Library of Medicine
'blowekamp at mail.nih.gov