[CMake] VS.NET generation...

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Nov 2 06:48:34 EST 2004

Lars Pechan wrote:
> OK, what is the scope of the TARGET_PROPERTY (relating to the example
> in the faq.) I'm guessing ${MY_GENERATOR_EXE} is valid in the same
> CMakeLists.txt file and (possibly) in its subdirs? Also guessing that
> if I'm to use ${MY_GENERATOR_EXE} in a sibling directory to where it
> was defined that won't work. Which means I'll have to resort to
> CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR.

You are correct, the target properties are scoped to anything that can
see the ADD_* command for the target and the SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES
command that sets the property.  We do have plans to make the scope more
global to solve the problem you mention, but that is more of a long term
change.  For now you will have to use CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR.

-Brad