[Cmake] wxWindows module questions

Jan Woetzel jw at mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:37:22 +0100

Hi Eric,
I (re-)wrote the files for Windows and Linux last year.

>... it looks like the
>Windows version will let you select between linking to
>the Debug versions of the library or the Release
>versions. I was wondering, why doesn't the Unix
>version allow this too?

On Linux/Unix debug and release library are the same name and thus must
reside in different directories.
You can select a specific build with the WXWIN environment variable.

On MS Windows debug and release libraries have different names. Debug
has a 'd' suffix, e.g. library wx -> wxd.
So FindwxWindows tries to find all available version and you have to
decide for one of them during cmake/configure to set the correct library
name.

>Second, a more general CMake question, why is it that
>only 2 of the WXWINDOWS variables are visible (and
>settable) in my Cmake Advanced Options menu.

- I thought the others weren't neccessary and would confuse the 'user'.

FYI: I never tested with MAC/OSX you may need add OSX/MAC specific stuff
to FindwxWindows.cmake.

Best regards,
Jan.

--