[Cmake] problem with ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Jun 15 07:59:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

I don't find a way to add more than one file with
ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES, cmake 2.0.1. I tried to remove the files
"foo" and "bar".

I tried:

SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTIES(PROPERTIES
ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES foo bar)

doesn't work: SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTIES Wrong number of arguments

SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTIES(PROPERTIES
ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES foo
ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES bar)

doesn't work, only "bar" overwrites "foo".
The property seems to be stored as one string in cmake internally.

So I tried:

SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTIES(PROPERTIES
ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES "foo bar")

Doesn't work, rm tries to remove "foo bar".

So to me it seems there is no way to currently to add more than one file,

Am I missing something ?

How about changing in cmMakefile.h from
std::map<cmStdString,cmStdString> m_Properties;
std::map<cmStdString, std::list<cmStdString> m_Properties;
and append everything ?

Bye
Alex