[Cmake] Recompiling the world

Chris Volpe cvolpe at ara.com
Wed Jun 9 21:13:25 EDT 2004

I am using cmake 1.8 patch 3 to generate a solution and project files
for VTK and my own VTKMY project using Visual Studio .NET 2003.  I've
noticed an extremely annoying property for some time, which is that any
time I close the solution file or exit  VS and start it back up again,
It feels the need to recompile everything from scratch. As long as I
keep the solution open, it's perfectly happy doing incremental builds.
But if I exit and come back, it's like I wiped the slate clean. Anyone
else ever experience that? Is it at artifact of a particular version of
cmake, a Windows XP issue, a VS issue, or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

--
Christopher R. Volpe, Ph.D.

Senior Scientist
Email: cvolpe at ara.com
Applied Research Associates, Inc.                                Voice:
919-582-3380
8540 Colonnade Center Dr., Ste 301
Fax: 919-878-3672
Raleigh, NC 27615