[Cmake] I'm trying to do something evil with SUBS()

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Sat Jul 31 19:30:43 EDT 2004

On Jul 31, 2004, at 4:33 PM, Kriss wrote:

> I want to include a cmake/tree into another cmake/tree . I'm happy
> with the files having to be compiled again and placed in the new
> projects build dirs so I was hoping to be able to do something like
> this

I needed something similar. I filed this as bug #967
<http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=967&pos=2>, but it's
not possible to do what you describe given the current implementation.
It's good to know I'm not the only one trying to do evil things with
SUBDIRS. :)

I ended up rearranging my source so that CMake runs from the top
directory. That way, all subdirectories are handled properly. It's a
bit of a kludge, but it seems to be the best solution until the
underlying SUBDIRS issues are addressed.

Hope this helps,
Chris
--
Chris Scharver