[Cmake] "make install" fails - new release of CMake?

Hans Fredrik Nordhaug hansfn at mi.uib.no
Fri Jul 2 13:37:07 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 08:58:38AM -0400, Andy Cedilnik wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Looked a little more into this and the problem is the fact that you are
> using msys as Unix environment. CMake installed files to /usr/local as
> you asked it. That would be c:/usr/local and not what looks like
> /usr/local from MSys, which is in reality c:/msys/1.0.

I'm aware of this and maybe should have made the use of MSYS clearer.

> I would go even further to say that /usr/local is just as good place to
> install things on windows as any.
>
> So, it is up to you to say, well, I would like this program to go to
> c:/msys/1.0/local.

OK, but:

1) In version 1.8.3 /usr/local was translated to c:/msys/1.0/local
   by CMake. This is for some reason changed with version 2.0.2.
2) /usr/local/bin/wx-config is still automatically translated to
   C:/MSYS/local/bin/wx-config when executing
   "FIND_PROGRAM( CMAKE_WX_CONFIG wx-config ../wx/bin ../../wx/bin )"
   This doesn't seem consistent with 1)
3) Why is
     cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH="/usr/local" -G"Unix Makefiles"
   different from
     cmake -G"Unix Makefiles"
   when the default for CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX actually is "/usr/local"?
   Seems very inconsistent to me...

Anyway, I fancy Cmake a lot - keep up the great work!

Regards,
Hans

PS! Any chance that INSTALL_FILES and INSTALL_TARGETS also will define
    uninstall rules ("make uninstall") will be part of 2.03?