[Cmake] Problems using cmake to compile vtk

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jul 2 09:52:20 EDT 2004

Loïc Boisrobert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am requesting your help because i have problems running CMake.
>
> First of all I use version 1.8.3 but with the latest version (2.0) there
> was no difference. What i wanted to do is to compile vtk in
> Windows XP to create workspaces for Visual. When running CMakeSetup
> configure, the process starts and always stays blocked at one of these
> stages : "Checking for Cxx..." "checking for size long long" etc.... but
> no later. Rebooting, reinstalling vtk as well as CMAKe did not improve
> the results. I was wondering if this problem could come from my version
> of Visual or if it was a problem of Windows XP ....
>
> If someone has had the same problem or can help me please, it would be
> great!

What version of Visual Studio are you using?  If it is MSVC 6, please
make sure you have the latest service pack (at least 5 or later).
Unfortunately I do not know of any way to tell if a particular pack has
been installed.

Anyway, when CMake stops running, is it using any CPU or does it just
sit there?

-Brad