[Cmake] some mac osx questions...

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:57:12 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I'm still quite new to cmake, and also to mac osx :-)

Well, I have some questions:

How do I select another generator ? Under ms win I saw a combo box where I
could choose between msvc 6 and 7. I didn't find neither with google nor in
the
documentation how I can set the generator in the CMakeLists.txt.

On the mac we want to link to a dynamic library which doesn't start with
"lib",
e.g. SuperStuff.dylib. Now I want to link to this lib:

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES ( my_cmake_using_lib SuperStuff)

This results in the parameter "-lSuperStuff" when linking.
Now this doesn't work, since gcc then looks for "libSuperStuff.dylib", which

doesn't exist. It would work without the "-l", i.e. only "SuperStuff".
Is this possible ? If not, where could/should I implement it ? Or is having
a lib
named like this wrong ? But I think there are more such libs on the mac.

Is cmake able to use frameworks ? Can it produce frameworks ?

In cmake there is some code for Metroworks Codewarrior project files.
I read this is not working/incomplete. I'd try to use and improve it. How
can I
select this generator ?

Other than that, I'm very impressed by cmake on linux and windows :-)
An escape from autohell...

Thanks
Alex

--
+++ Mailpower für Multimedia-Begeisterte: http://www.gmx.net/topmail +++
250 MB Mailbox, 1 GB Online-Festplatte, 100 FreeSMS. Jetzt kostenlos testen!